lyrics in iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
does anyone here think it would be difficult for apple to include lyrics with songs sold at the iTMS like the way they include album artwork?



would adding something like this to a song file be difficult?

also would be nice to add your own lyrics for ripped cds



what do you think?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 12
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Not a bad idea - I don't think it would be too difficult a feature to implelement. Anybody know?



    I'd personally like to see liner notes included as well. Recording details, session muso details, etc etc - but then again, that's part of the reason I still buy CDs from a store - to get the complete package.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    heres my current method, but its time consuming:

  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ThunderPoit

    does anyone here think it would be difficult for apple to include lyrics with songs sold at the iTMS like the way they include album artwork?



    would adding something like this to a song file be difficult?

    also would be nice to add your own lyrics for ripped cds



    what do you think?




    As I understand it, the Recording Industry doesn't own the copyrights to the lyrics. The iTMS would have to get permission from places such as the Hal Leonard Corporation, a world leader in the music print industry. They represent artists such as Aerosmith, Marc Anthony, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Mariah Carey, The Carpenters, and Eric Clapton, among others (there are many more, but the list is much too long to post here; if you're very interested, you can get a more complete list on the Hal Leonard 'About Us' page).



    Although it would be a great, and very welcome feature, I doubt it would drive sales; as such, they probably won't put the effort into it.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Phroggy



    Although it would be a great, and very welcome feature, I doubt it would drive sales; as such, they probably won't put the effort into it.




    well crap. i guess its back to photoshop:/
  • Reply 5 of 12
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ThunderPoit

    well crap. i guess its back to photoshop:/



    Jeez.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Copyright issues aside, lyrics could realistically be something else included in the CDDB.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    use itunes catalog... i forget where i got it from, but its a nice app (10 bucks though).... the lyric database is excellent
  • Reply 9 of 12
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by CosmoNut

    Copyright issues aside, lyrics could realistically be something else included in the CDDB.



    Yup. The issue is copyright-related, not technical. That's why a lot of the lyrics websites were shut down over the past couple of years. Having lyrics included in CDDB or iTunes would be absolutely awesome. On the other hand it's easy enough to do a Google search for any of the remaining unlicensed lyrics websites.



    As a kid, before the advent of the Internet, I used to type up lyrics for myself while listening to LPs on my dad's turntable.



    Escher
  • Reply 10 of 12
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    karaoke anyone?



    is there any karaoke progs for Mac? iTunes?



    Thats fun as hell at parties when you start drinking... a lot...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ZO

    karaoke anyone?



    is there any karaoke progs for Mac? iTunes?



    Thats fun as hell at parties when you start drinking... a lot...




    Karaoke is the worst thing to ever happen to the world. Never speak of it again.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    The Archive of Misheard Song Lyrics



    from the misheard Jimi Hendrix - "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy"



    as for Karaoke, in the original Japanese, it's a 4 letter word. Ka-Ra (both Katakana) -O-K (english letters)
Sign In or Register to comment.