Wireless Mouse

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Need advice/thoughts on puchasing bluetooth mouse. I am new to the wireless realm and just purchased a microsoft wireless mouse, thinking stupidly that wireless didn't mean a plug in reciever. I'm trying to get rid of cords, not add, even if it's supposed to be wireless. So am thinking about picking up the bluetooth version of microsoft mouse-the Intelliexplorer Mouse or the logitech MX-900. I've heard both can work with Mac and that at least microsoft version is certified on the website as working wtih mac. So anyone know if the mx-900 will work with mac? Even if it isn't every button, maybe the driver/software will become available at a later date from logitech? Thoughts, ideas. I'd like to use bluetooth as well so I can travel with a mouse and not have to take a reciever(just charge it full before travelling). I guess looking for the simpler way. Thanks for feedback.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I hear that. I've been looking for a Bluetooth mouse that doesn't need a receiver ever since I got my 12" PowerBook G4 back in the beginning of the year. Logitech is MIA on this, same with Kensington, MacAlly, etc. Apple's mouse is nice but a joke without two buttons and a scroll wheel. I saw a traveler's mouse recently where its receiver was like a little "thumb drive" the module just plugged in to the USB port, like the D-Link Bluetooth module, though I believe it was RF, and even COOLER was that you could dock the mouse with it to charge the mouse. Batteries are a real pain with cordless mice, and while I don't want a receiver I would like a way to charge the mouse. I guess I'll have to get rechargeable double A batteries.