Bags and briefs...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Alrighty, here's the deal: Matsu needs a new computer bag.

When I was a permanent fixture of academe, I threw my PB into the laptop pocket of my napsack and off I went, lumbering through the cold like a sherpa with enough files and books to last a week on the mountainside.

Now I require something a little more sophisticated.

Modus operandi: carry PB securely in a sleek case that's not too big on the outside and roomy enough on the inside for a PB, the power adaptor, a few files, my sunglasses, my wallet, a few nick-knacks, my gloves, and a snack or three.

Preferably made of some sort of dead animal hide, vertical as opposed to horizontal orientation, and converts to over the shoulder carry, but still looks like a nice soft briefcase.

I've seen some stuff from Kenneth Cole and Phillipe Stark which looks nice, but so far I can't find exactly what I'm after, things seem either too big or too small.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu Preferably made of some sort of dead animal hide...

I've forwarded your thread on to PETA. That's your ass now, boy.

Seriously, I dig the Booq stuff. Not leather, but that backpack looks roomy and I hear the sleeves are great (but not the roomiest in the world).

Waterfield, Tom Bihn and Timbuktu are all things I looked at before I settled on a MacCase sleeve to simply drop into a backpack I already owned and liked.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I know it's not made out of animal hide, but I got the Timbuk2 Commute. It fits the 12" PowerBook just fine, has plenty of room for all the other accessories that you mentioned. The other feature that I love is that it is super duper water proof. I have taken it out in the rain more times then I would like to remember and I have never had a problem. Hell, I even got a matching iPod case. Geek Chic?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You should buy the Brenthaven Mobility Backpack. Best bag ever made in the history of the world. Check it out here. Other bags WISH they were this bag. I'm serious.

Oh hey, I just remembered... I just happen to have one I want to sell! What are the odds that the best bag EVER happens to be the one I am selling.... wow.

Email me!!!!!!111one
  • Reply 4 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    What a shill.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Have you checked out the PowerBook bag thread over at MacNN? I'd try to be more helpful but I don't know anything about notebook bags.

" target="_blank">Topic: Need a backpack/bag/sleeve for you PB? *Look Here*
  • Reply 6 of 6
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I've forwarded your thread on to PETA. That's your ass now, boy.

Seriously, I dig the Booq stuff. Not leather, but that backpack looks roomy and I hear the sleeves are great (but not the roomiest in the world).

Waterfield, Tom Bihn and Timbuktu are all things I looked at before I settled on a MacCase sleeve to simply drop into a backpack I already owned and liked.

My roommate got the booq backpack (model BP3) for his 15 inch AlBook. Lots of room, and best of all, it has a pouch for your iPod and a little hole for running the headphone cable out of the backpack (instead of having to leave the zipper open a bit where it chafes the headphone cable). The construction is solid with good sewing and super heavy duty zippers. It is probably larger than what you want and is made of balistic nylon, not dead animal. I reccommend it to anyone who is looking for a good backpack and doesn't mind looking a bit futuristic.

Take a look at the Booq Apple backpack lineup you won't regret it. It seems that in addition to futuristic backpacks and PB sleeves, they also have some upscale looking backpacks. Plus, Booq has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty.