do all of this...

play mp3s (preferably AAC as well)

record voice with one button easiness or remote

bluetooth

accept compact flash

Infrared remote

sync with iCalender

last 18 hrs on a charge

I've been waiting for all this plus phone and camera, but I really need to get organized and I will settle for the above.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    No. Nothing like that exists and it will be a while before we see anything like that. But, you can bet that the iPod will have all those features before long.

Edit: Minus the compact flash thing, I didn't read the original post carefully enough.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    bring on the colour screen and iPhoto integration as well!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Some of the Sony Clie's come close. You won't find everything, but if you can compromise on one or two, you can find the rest. My PEG-NX60 is only missing bluetooth and CF ability, and may not last 18 hours (although it would be close).

Get something similar with the Missing Sync and you're almost there.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Have you looked at the Palm Tungsten T3? Bluetooth, MP3 playback, voice recorder, CF slot, IR, not sure about ICal syncing, not sure about bat life. (I think you may be dreaming as to 18 hrs for a device with bluetooth and a color screen-- those are both big power drains).

But it does have a great screen and a cool "expando" design that lets you keep it small but slides open to reveal a larger screen area, plus software that lets you use it in landscape mode. Really a pretty sweet machine, for a PDA.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Have you looked at the Palm Tungsten T3? Bluetooth, MP3 playback, voice recorder, CF slot, IR, not sure about ICal syncing, not sure about bat life. (I think you may be dreaming as to 18 hrs for a device with bluetooth and a color screen-- those are both big power drains).

But it does have a great screen and a cool "expando" design that lets you keep it small but slides open to reveal a larger screen area, plus software that lets you use it in landscape mode. Really a pretty sweet machine, for a PDA.

That looks pretty close, although I can't find out if the "palm expansion slot" is the same as CF. I might just go check that one out.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

That looks pretty close, although I can't find out if the "palm expansion slot" is the same as CF. I might just go check that one out.

Whoops. Yeah, that expansion slot is multimedia/secure digital. Smaller than CF. Bummer.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If you can swing having stuff on Memory Stick instead of CF, then you'd have everything but BT on the Clie' I mentioned above. I've been happy with mine.

</endorsement that wasn't meant to be one>