Is Quicken The Best Thing Out Here?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm sure I'll get slammed for this, but does anyone know of something out there better than Quicken 2004? I'm used to using Microsoft Money (yeah, go on, hit me) and I really like it's interface, it's online capabilities, and it's all in one interface. Is there anything like this out on the Mac? Can someone enlighten me? I think Quicken 2004 pretty much crap and I would be willing to switch in a heartbeat, but need some leads. Thanks folks!

P.S. I'm looking for home accounting software, not payroll, and business type apps. Thanks again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    You know, I was just researching this a few months ago, and ran across a sweet looking app that was shareware, cross-platform, and had tons of features.

And now I can't remember the name, nor find a bookmarked link.

Curse you failing neurons!

LiquidLedger and Money from jumsoft both look interesting, with my nod going to LL.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    Sorry. I don't have a solution for you. But i am in the same boat. I'm looking for one that will also maybe sync with a Palm as well. I also think Quicken is crap.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

You know, I was just researching this a few months ago, and ran across a sweet looking app that was shareware, cross-platform, and had tons of features.

And now I can't remember the name, nor find a bookmarked link.

Curse you failing neurons!

LiquidLedger and Money from jumsoft both look interesting, with my nod going to LL.

Moneydance??
  • Reply 4 of 6
    MoneyDance is no more. Has anyone tried TaxCut?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Check out Liquid Ledger which is an OS X financial app. I dont have any personal experience with it though.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by bartonab

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this, but does anyone know of something out there better than Quicken 2004? I'm used to using Microsoft Money (yeah, go on, hit me) and I really like it's interface, it's online capabilities, and it's all in one interface. Is there anything like this out on the Mac? Can someone enlighten me? I think Quicken 2004 pretty much crap and I would be willing to switch in a heartbeat, but need some leads. Thanks folks!

P.S. I'm looking for home accounting software, not payroll, and business type apps. Thanks again.

Yeah. I'm stuck using Money through VPC. Had Quicken a few years ago and never was happy with it. I've written MS a few times asking for Money for the Mac and every time I do I say to myself, "I can't believe I'm actually doing this."