Anyone else feel like Netflix is jerking them around?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone who has a netflix subscription and experiences a two day lag (it may be different for those located near their main distribution center) knows that if you send them back on monday, they will get them on wednesday, which means you'll get the new ones on friday or saturday.

But a lot of times they get them on Wednesday, but inexplicably they don't ship the next one until thursday (even though it's listed as available) which means it usually doesn't show up until monday. Since their profits increase the longer it takes you to get or return a DVD, I have reason to be suspicious.

I just wondered if anyone else has this experience. I'm on a 5 DVD out plan and it usually happens only when I return multiple DVDs at the same time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I got rid of my netflix account years ago when I got too frustrated waiting for dvds to become available. I didn't really want to wait 2 months for a dvd that I could just go buy for a few bucks. Then again, I usually wanted two+ disc sets with director commentary and special features. God forbid that I wanted a Criterion Collection dvd, they never became available.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I've noticed more delays in the past couple of months. I've also noticed that they recently changed their policy on bad or incorrect disks. It used to be that if you indicated you had received the wrong DVD or a scratched one, they'd immediately send you the right one. Now, they just let you return it and then send it out when they get the next one back. It seems to me that it's their fault and so it shouldn't count against you that way.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I guess I live close to a distribution center because I get my discs very quickly.... and they seem to get mine quickly as well. Actually, everytime they've sent one out I get it the next day.... always earlier than the expected day in the email. I enjoy netflix. Several times I've received new releases on the same day they're release for sale to the public.