Need to gripe about Apple service.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I ordered a 15" powerbook last week and could not find out when I would be getting it. I requested and paid extra for express delivery. I found out that it shipped out today, but I won't get it until Tuesday. When I called Fedex to see why I would not be getting it sooner, I was told to call Apple. I did and the representative just ignored what I was asking and I got the feeling that she was ignoring me, which made me even angrier. I am so mad about how I was treated and this isn't my only complaint about thier service. Every time you call they put you on indefinant hold and then don't help you when you finally get through. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I now wish I had not done business with Apple and I have been a loyal customer until now. Now I am a disgusted, angy, customer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Apple probably shipped it out over the weekend just to $$$$ you over.

Yeah, that's it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    If it was shipped out on Friday morning, then your "next day" standard overnight shipping via FedEx is Monday by 3:00 pm because FedEx does not ship on weekends unless you request it, which is a high premium. If it was shipped out late Friday, then most likely will receive it on Tuesday 3:00 pm.

(I have a corporate account with FedEx so I'm aware of shipping costs and expectancies.)

ps...could be worse you know. My HD died on Nov 23 so I called Dell (for the first time) because they had the Segate 120 GB 7200rpm drive with the $70 rebate. The problem was that because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I would not receive the HD until Dec 3 if I did normal ground shipping. Otherwise my option was Fed Ex for next day service which would get maybe Friday 3:00pm otherwise would have to wait until Monday. So for a next day service I most likely get the package in 5 days
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HHansen726

I ordered a 15" powerbook last week and could not find out when I would be getting it. I requested and paid extra for express delivery. I found out that it shipped out today, but I won't get it until Tuesday. When I called Fedex to see why I would not be getting it sooner, I was told to call Apple. I did and the representative just ignored what I was asking and I got the feeling that she was ignoring me, which made me even angrier. I am so mad about how I was treated and this isn't my only complaint about thier service. Every time you call they put you on indefinant hold and then don't help you when you finally get through. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I now wish I had not done business with Apple and I have been a loyal customer until now. Now I am a disgusted, angy, customer.

This is not unusual. If it wasn't express shipping then you'd be getting it like next Friday. Mine shipped early this morning...15" book...and I'd say I expect it probably Tuesday with express shipping. That's how it works.

As for customer service and "not being able to find out when it's coming", I have to question that. If it was a web order, which I assume it was, then you can track it. Mine was BTO and listed as shipping "on or before 12/18". It shipped today! Go check your order status.

Now, being treated rudely. I've never been treated rudely by Apple. I have been on hold forever though. This being said, perhaps the rep didn;t understand what you were asking. I'm not sure how someone could "ignore" you on the phone.

No offense. I just think you are dealing with two separate issues and perhaps some misunderstanding. The shipping thing is totalyl normal and it is not a reason to be angry.