iBook parts for cheap

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If this is the inappropriate area of this forum to post this, I apologize.

My iBook up and died today and I have no warranty or anything on it, so I figure this is one of the best places for me to go. I figure, if I can't use it, I might as well help a few people who don't want to pay the extremely high prices charged for these parts anywhere else. Also, I'm wanting to fund the purchase of a new G5, this might help me along a little.

These are the parts that work for sure. If these don't work, I'll send you a return shipping box and give your money back in full. I have a minimum I'll accept for these, but if somebody offers more than you, I'm gonna have to take that. PBparts.com wants $399 for this alone, I don't personally think it's worth that much. I just used it last night, and there are no dead or stuck pixels. I'd offer to install it for a nominal fee, but I can't take that risk. These are the parts I'm unsure about. If these don't work, send them back to me and I'll refund the payment minus shipping.
  • LCD inverter (or whatever that thing is that sits under the LCD)

• Hard drive (IBM Travelstar 40 GB)

Now, if you're willing to take a risk, I'll also sell you the motherboard. (But it smells funny now, like burning computer chips.) But I think it's fried somewhere. Also, the ethernet jack is broken off. (The enet jack has nothing to do with the motherboard not functioning, as it was broken off over a year ago by a dog running by and tripping over the cat5 cable dangling off the table.) But considering that I'm afraid to turn it on now for fear of damaging the other parts, I'll have to sell it as-is. If it's broken, that's your loss for buying it. I will, however, take 20 bucks for it. Shipping would be free within the continental US. If you're outside the US, you pay for shipping. The risk is still the same, however.

Everything else in the case is up for grabs as well, with the exception of the actual clear case. I painted that and it's so scuffed up I'd be embarassed to take money for it. The battery only holds 45 minutes of charge, so I'm not selling that either.

I also have the various cables and doodads that I have't listed, like the microphone, Aiport cable, etc. If you want to know anything about what's in here, don't hesitate to email me.

Now the business end of this post:

My email is w00t_nub at yahoo dot com

You are responsible for shipping fees on anything you buy. If an item I have guaranteed to not be DOA is defective and you live in the continental US, I will pay shipping costs for you to return the item. If you live outside the contintental US, we can work something out on an individual basis. If an item that I haven't guaranteed to not be DOA is defective, you are responsible for return shipping. All refunds will be paid/mailed out after I receieve the defective item. I will NOT accept a return on the motherboard.

I cannot take installments.

I am only guaranteeing that these parts function when you receive them. I am offering NO guarantees whatsoever after that point. You are responsible for installation, and any damages to your own equipment as a result of your installation, of any parts you buy from me.

edit: i've been having trouble with comcast, so I'm switching to my Yahoo email.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'll take the harddrive.... Sending you an email now.

***Edit*** Whoops. Got the price on that confused with the harddrive, cdrom drive ribbon cable. Sorry. Anyways, sent you an email! Also, I think I may be interested in the ram as well.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    iNub you have mail...