osx on a windows server

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello all!

I just bought a new Mac G5 (OS 10.3) and put it on a Windows 2003 Server network. In the finder I now can see the network domain name but I find no files there. I have the services for Mac started (several G3 with OS9 is running just fine).

I think that maybe I have to login to the Win server but cant find any place to do that.

Anyone having a bright idea for me to try??

/Matheus

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Logging into the server? Finder --> Go Menu --> Connect to Server.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Logging into the server? Finder --> Go Menu --> Connect to Server.

I understand that. But there I cannot find any servers!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Do you use a different workgroup? If you do you may need to go to applications->utilities->Directory access->click "SMB"->click configure-> change your workgroup. Seemed to work for me.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Do you use a different workgroup? If you do you may need to go to applications->utilities->Directory access->click "SMB"->click configure-> change your workgroup. Seemed to work for me.

Doesn't do the trick for me...

However do I have to login to the mac using a valid Win account?? I dont now!

/Mat
  • Reply 5 of 8
    There are some things that might be standing in your way: Do you use an "Advanced Domain Server" or "Active Directory" on the windows side? These complicate a Windows network (both for Mac and PC clients), but they can work. You might want to look into that.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

There are some things that might be standing in your way: Do you use an "Advanced Domain Server" or "Active Directory" on the windows side? These complicate a Windows network (both for Mac and PC clients), but they can work. You might want to look into that.

We are using Active Directory. What is the poblem then. Where can I lern to connect the Mac to an AD Windows network?? Anyone?

I spoke to Apple support today, but they couldn't help very much. I was only told the standard procedure using smb://...

/Mat
  • Reply 7 of 8
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I haven't used this site in a long time, but www.macwindows.com was always helpful.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I haven't used this site in a long time, but www.macwindows.com was always helpful.

Good site! Thanks! It really helped me...

/Mat