Loading Pages Into Layers

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm not sure if you can, but if you can I'm curious how you load pages into a layer like you would a frame. Is it possible?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Ok let me try and reword. I have a layer over top of the main page. Because this table of contents bar contains a movie banner at the top I don't want it to have to be reloaded every time they go to a new page. So I was wondering if it's possible to do this without making a frame?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    If the user clicks to another page, you lose the previous page's layers and content. So using a layer won't work for you.

Whats wrong with reloading the banner again? If it was loaded once it will come up quickly the second time because it has been cached.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

If the user clicks to another page, you lose the previous page's layers and content. So using a layer won't work for you.

Whats wrong with reloading the banner again? If it was loaded once it will come up quickly the second time because it has been cached.

I guess that is true...I have to put that code into every page now! Well I guess I could use the include php whatever. Perhaps I'll do that.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I guess that is true...I have to put that code into every page now! Well I guess I could use the include php whatever. Perhaps I'll do that.

Yeah, use it as an include. Frames are so 1996
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Ok...

http://mobocracy.no-ip.com/EXCTrack/main.php do the rollover buttons and movie play for you? My friends on PC's said they didn't, and the one mac in my house I tried didn't work either. I used golive to make it because I don't know how to embed movies with DreamWeaver. Any help would be appreciated. I put it in this thread because this is the code that I will be in the include code.

It displays properly for me in every browser I tried by the way.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I only tried it on a PC so far. The Quicktime movie plays in the upper left corner, the rollovers give me a javascript error when I put my mouse over them. So I can't click them to see the other pages.

That was in IE on Windows 2003 Server.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Thanks. Mount_My_Floppy helped me solve the problems over IM.

http://mobocracy.no-ip.com/EXCTrack/index.php is the current page and hopefully will be added too. I have to make a new EXC glistening movie because that looks pixelated.

Thanks though Will, you are always so helpful in web related questions
  • Reply 8 of 9
    You need to fix the color of the EXC background...you can see it's outline or it's edges.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by DawgFather

You need to fix the color of the EXC background...you can see it's outline or it's edges.

Yeah I'm not sure, why, it's bad compression I guess, I used the same hex number for color. Like I said I guess bad compression, I'll have to make a new one and hopefully that will fix it.