The Best Free OSX Download Manager?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Got to have

1 Resumable downloads

2 Queuing

3 Simple interface

I've been scrounging around at VersionTracker and MacUpdate but all I can find are loads of Shareware titles and Lemon and Platypus and- I've forgotten the other one, but none had the capability to resume unfinished downloads or they were OS9 applications.

Are the above features to much to ask for in Freeware, or am I not looking in the right places? Anyone point me out a goodun?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, there's iGetter. Technically it's Shareware, but it'll work for as long as you want it to as long as you wait 15 or 20 seconds after launching the app for the shareware notice to go away. But once the notice leaves, it functions just like normal.

I really would pay them for their software but I barely use it and I am very low on money. However, it is helpful. You can schedule downloads, queue them, add password login information, choose the number of segments, and even cap the download speed so you don't suck all the bandwidth from your connection if you or other people need to use it for themselves.