.Mac and the T610

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have tried and failed to collect email from my .mac account using my T610. I have no problem with other ISP's where I hold mailboxes. I am moving to .mac after having compromised my other email addresses, 200 spams a day is just too much to deal with.

I would like to collect email from my .mac account on my T610 so if anyone has managed to get this working please let me know how you did it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

I have tried and failed to collect email from my .mac account using my T610. I have no problem with other ISP's where I hold mailboxes. I am moving to .mac after having compromised my other email addresses, 200 spams a day is just too much to deal with.

I would like to collect email from my .mac account on my T610 so if anyone has managed to get this working please let me know how you did it.

I haven't done it myself, but the .mac account settings are as follows:

Incoming mail server: mail.mac.com

SMTP server: smtp.mac.com

Username: your .mac name

password: your password

Make sure you turn off encryption. That should be all you need. There's nothing special or unique about the settings for .mac, so it's just a matter of getting the right options selected. I'll try to get it set up on my T610 later today and see if there are any gotchas involved.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    If you have T-Mobile...you have to go to the tmobile website and set up your email account there. Then through some self explanatory options on the phone, you can check your email....I usually check my mail through T-Zones which I think is free now with T-Mobile. But I can also check my email via the messages menu.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I set it up just like above and it works like a charm. I also use AT&T. VERY useful.