Pather's Subtle Niceties

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I haven't seen this posted anywhere before, but have you noticed that the mp3 preview in Panther's column view remembers the last volume setting you had? Jaguar didn't and each time you went from one mp3 to another, you had to readjust the volume.

Now I just wish they fixed the bugs where previews of files being renamed aren't drawn in the right location and when an mp3 is being playing in a preview, the mouse is clicking in two locations.

Also, the capslock indicator in password fields (at least from the screensaver) is a nice touch that I never noticed until my cat was walking over the keyboard!

Code Master

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Yep, it's the little things. Panther is a big jump from Jaguar.

By the way, keep your cat away from your computer. Cats are worthless, it's gonna screw something up!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Whaaaaaaaaaat! Cats are the man and Apple's Panther is doing justice! Thought one time I was looking at the Cube and its on button, they way it turns on is like the new displays, and if a cat stepped on that while you had work open...

I hope one nice subtly in Panther is Safari being able to Undo. Sidenote: Why hasn't Safari 1.1 come out for Jaguar. That's kind of MS if they make us pay for it!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I have safari 1.1.1 on Panther.... Or do you mean for Jaguar?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Whaaaaaaaaaat! Cats are the man and Apple's Panther is doing justice! Thought one time I was looking at the Cube and its on button, they way it turns on is like the new displays, and if a cat stepped on that while you had work open...

I hope one nice subtly in Panther is Safari being able to Undo. Why the hell hasn't Safari 1.1 come out for Panther. That's kind of MS if they make us pay for it!

There's always one of these... Your right, Apple should have done rigorous cat testing before releasing the cube. Although I have owned two cubes, and have fourteen year old cat. I have experienced no Mac related issues because of him.

Oh, get happy mr

• Reply 5 of 8
    BTW: where is "opening folders by slow-motion" gone?

in jag. you had to press "shift + click/doubleclick" a folder and it opend with an amazing "slow-motion" effect. where is this feature gone? in panther, or did i simply missed something?

best
  • Reply 6 of 8
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Code Master

I haven't seen this posted anywhere before, but have you noticed that the mp3 preview in Panther's column view remembers the last volume setting you had? Jaguar didn't and each time you went from one mp3 to another, you had to readjust the volume.

Yeah, but now if they could add that to the Quicktime plugin, I would be a happy camper.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

There's always one of these... Your right, Apple should have done rigorous cat testing before releasing the cube. Although I have owned two cubes, and have fourteen year old cat. I have experienced no Mac related issues because of him.

Oh, get happy mr

Yes my cat though seems to know exactly what I'm doing. For example only when I need to use my computer will he sit on the keyboard, and when he sits on a textbook it is the exact sentence I am reading. All the time. Hmmm...Maybe he is intimidated by Jaguars and Panthers.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And this is precisely why I love my original 15" bondi blue Studio Display LCD... the display raises on the stand, you place the keyboard vertically under it on two little rubber knubblies, then you lower the stand. The keyboard is cat-safe.