Patience is a virtue!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just got off the pone with an Apple phine support guy (Kevin) and I told him about my order status.

He said that everything was fine with the order (meaning that billing and all that is ok).

I was LIKE, "maybe the iMac that I ordered a month ago today happens to be on a different production line than some of the other iMac's. Because I know some people that ordered after I did and they recieved shipping notification."

He was all like, "Well, we did recieve an overwhelming response so they had to divide the imac production into two warehouses, so your might be in the slower one of the two."

I was like, "ok, i see."

HERE IS THE GOOD PART

KEVIN upgraded my shipping from standard ground to 2 days shipping! He said that should help a lot compared to the 7-10 that it could take.

I was ready to throw in the towel, now I have a new lease on life.

THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS FOR ME.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Hasn't Apple upgraded the shipping on a lot of things recently?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Hasn't Apple upgraded the shipping on a lot of things recently?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, if so this is good for me all the same because of the time I have waited already could have been even longer. Now when the iMac ships it will take just 2 days to get to my house!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Did you find out when it'd be shipping?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Did you find out when it'd be shipping?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, he said to assume that it will ship within the given extension to the 11th that Apple notified me of on Monday the 1st.

I have until the 11th so I will just wait til then to call back if it doesnt ship by then which I think it will.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    macintosh...sorry to hear all this, but you will love that iMac when you get it....you really should have gotten yours before i got mine if everything was just and fair in the world....at 40 it is easier for me to wait and be patient than it must be for you at 16....truely wish you had gotten yours and i was still waiting on mine.....i will be happy when you get yours....wish i could see you jumping all over the place when that box finally arrives....g
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>macintosh...sorry to hear all this, but you will love that iMac when you get it....you really should have gotten yours before i got mine if everything was just and fair in the world....at 40 it is easier for me to wait and be patient than it must be for you at 16....truely wish you had gotten yours and i was still waiting on mine.....i will be happy when you get yours....wish i could see you jumping all over the place when that box finally arrives....g</strong><hr></blockquote>

I will take pictures of the EVENT.

Thank you Gelding!