Computer no longer responds to mouse

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After I installed and tried to run a trial version of Dreamweaver my mouse stopped working. I have tried different USB ports and I have restarted the computer several times. The keyboard still works, and the mouse lights up, but the arrow doesn't move on the screen. And while it's been a fun challenge trying to remember as many keyboard shortcuts as possible, it's also extremely frustrating to not have a mouse.

The craziest thing happened a moment ago when I woke my computer up from sleep mode. Out of habit I clicked the mouse -- which hasn't been waking the computer since this problem started-- but it actually did work. Then I tried to move the mouse and it moved for a little bit -- the movement was jerky and then it stopped working altogether.

I have just installed Panther about a month ago. Do I need to reinstall it? Help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Try a different mouse
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by LB Slip

After I installed and tried to run a trial version of Dreamweaver my mouse stopped working. I have tried different USB ports and I have restarted the computer several times. The keyboard still works, and the mouse lights up, but the arrow doesn't move on the screen. And while it's been a fun challenge trying to remember as many keyboard shortcuts as possible, it's also extremely frustrating to not have a mouse.

The craziest thing happened a moment ago when I woke my computer up from sleep mode. Out of habit I clicked the mouse -- which hasn't been waking the computer since this problem started-- but it actually did work. Then I tried to move the mouse and it moved for a little bit -- the movement was jerky and then it stopped working altogether.

I have just installed Panther about a month ago. Do I need to reinstall it? Help!

You may need a new driver for your mouse. /// something you have may have in error messed up some of your drivers

Note: your're USB port will supply power (i.e. Light up)your mouse even if the mouse is not "talking" to MacOS