7 habits of highly effective a*holes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Judging by the quality of the barbs I've noticed flying around here of late, I have a sneaking suspicion that either:

a) one of you is Travis Daub, or

b) most of you have read his groundbreaking analysis and compendium of what it takes to be an a*hole.

I submit this to the jury.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Now, Mr Little Mac+ what makes you think that? I have a good mind to give you a ruddy good spanking, or at the very least flick my stoogies in your direction.

I don't need someone to tell me I am an arsehole, chief, I already know it.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    cute... little jwri004

• Reply 3 of 10
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    7 habits?

Regular intake of fibre, a little caffine, plenty of fluids, not too much alcohol or red meat...

I can only think of 5
  • Reply 4 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member

That is the single greatest corporate spoof of all times.

"These fries aren't too fvcking crispy...."

Gotta love it.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quality of barbs?

My first thought was bard = beard (like barba) .. but that doesn't make any sense. Why would the guys with a quality beard be quality a-holes?

2nd thought, bard = barbie, barbara.. whatever. that makes even less sense.

So, dictionary .. (me dummy, but I admit it .. when I miss something)

Quote:

bard

1. A sharp point projecting in reverse direction to the main point of a weapon or tool, as on an arrow or fishhook.

2. A cutting remark.

3. Zoology. One of the parallel filaments projecting from the main shaft of a feather.

4. Botany. A short, sharply hooked bristle or hairlike projection.

5. See barbel1.

6. Any of various Old World freshwater fishes of the genus Barbus or Puntius and related genera.

7. A linen covering for a woman's head, throat, and chin worn in medieval times.

barbel

1. One of the slender, whiskerlike tactile organs extending from the head of certain fishes, such as catfishes. Also called barb.

2. Any of several Old World freshwater fish of the genus Barbus, especially B. barbus,having four barbels on its upper jaw.

3. Barb \\Barb\\, n. [F. barbe, fr. L. barba beard. See Beard, n.] 1. Beard, or that which resembles it, or grows in the place of it.

4. A muffler, worn by nuns and mourners. [Obs.]

5. pl. Paps, or little projections, of the mucous membrane, which mark the opening of the submaxillary glands under the tongue in horses and cattle. The name is mostly applied when the barbs are inflamed and swollen. [Written also barbel and barble.]

6. The point that stands backward in an arrow, fishhook, etc., to prevent it from being easily extracted. Hence: Anything which stands out with a sharp point obliquely or crosswise to something else. ``Having two barbs or points.'' --Ascham.

7. A bit for a horse. [Obs.] --Spenser.

8. (Zo["o]l.) One of the side branches of a feather, which collectively constitute the vane. SeeFeather.

9. (Zo["o]l.) A southern name for the kingfishes of the eastern and southeastern coasts of the United States; -- also improperly called whiting.

10. (Bot.) A hair or bristle ending in a double hook.

11. (Zo["o]l.) A slender tactile organ on the lips of certain fished.

12. (Zo["o]l.) A large fresh-water fish ( Barbus vulgaris) found in many European rivers. Its upper jaw is furnished with four barbels.

13. pl. Barbs or paps under the tongued of horses and cattle. See 1st Barb, 3.

The dictionary didn't make me any wiser. Wtfsck do the barbs, any kind of barbs, have to do with the topic about this thread?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Uh, you answered your own question there, Giaguara.

Definition 2: "A cutting remark."

Duh. You're such an idiot for not noticing that.

• Reply 7 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I assume he means barbs as in insults (think the sharp things from barbed wire... only words instead of tin...)
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Hi Giaguaura - barb (not bard) is, as the others point out a cutting remark.

However, I have a couple of "dummy" questions myself.

1) What does wtfsck mean - I can guess the first three letters, but not the rest.

2) Also, is giaguara the name of something? (Is it Italian, perhaps?)

3) I never found out whether you were mulattabianca or not?

PM me if you want. Thanks.

[edit: typos... hate 'em]
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac+

Hi Giaguaura - barb (not bard) is, as the others poitn out a cutting remark.

However, I have a couple of "dummy" questions myself.

1) What does wtfsck mean - I can guess the first three letters, but not the rest.

2) Also, is giaguara the name of something? (Is it Italian, perhaps?)

3) I never found out whether you were mulattabianca or not?

PM me if you want. Thanks.

Giaguaura is mulattabianca. look at her sig-file
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Thanks burningwheel ... that sort of clarified it for me.