How to reinstall 10.3.2?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Patched via system update on my iMac but it was frozen up during the optimizing phrase. I forced to quit and reboot. Although it showed to be 10.3.2 after reboot, I would like to reinstall the update to make sure everything consistent. I downloaded the standalone installer but it refused to patch again perhaps it is already 10.3.2. How can I force it to update?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ken Reef

Patched via system update on my iMac but it was frozen up during the optimizing phrase. I forced to quit and reboot. Although it showed to be 10.3.2 after reboot, I would like to reinstall the update to make sure everything consistent. I downloaded the standalone installer but it refused to patch again perhaps it is already 10.3.2. How can I force it to update?

Why don't you reinstall MacOS X 10.3 and then allow Software Update to do its job?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Optimizing takes place after everything from the installer is already in place. If it got that far, you do have all of 10.3.2 on your machine.

If you want to redo that "optimizing" phase, grab a tool that updates pre-bindings for you or run this in the terminal:

sudo update prebinding