Microsoft settlement vouchers

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
apologies if this has been brought up before, but in my search to find discounts for the apple store, i found the following

i know about the ruling, and the proposed settlement, but this was the first i had actually seen mention of where and how to claim it.

in classic large corporation style, it seems to be just hidden in small text off to the side, hoping people won't notice and, therefore, neglect to redeem, saving microsoft boatloads (literally) of money.

just thought that someone should call attention to this, so people can get some money back if they qualify.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i know about the ruling, and the proposed settlement, but this was the first i had actually seen mention of where and how to claim it.

by the way, if you now of ANYone in the state of california who qualifies for this settlement, PLEASE let them know. out of whatever money is left unclaimed, microsoft gets a THIRD. remember this settlement is for 1.1 BILLION dollars, so if no one claims, they automatically get back approx. $333 million.

read the settlement and if you qualify. even windows licenses that were pruchased to be used under virtual pc for mac qualify, though i have no idea how they would ever check (but note that office products designed SPECIFICALLY for mac do NOT qualify...)