Sound Sticks

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My sound sticks occasionally kill one of my USB ports. I'm not sure why this happens, but the USB port is useless without a restart. This is under Mac OS 10.1.2 on my iMac(400Mhz G3). Anyone else have this problem and a solution.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I had a problem with my G4 Cube's USB sound for a while under 10.1.2 My Cube's sound would just cut out and I would have to restart to get it back. My mouse had tracking problems too.

I sent it to Apple and it came back and has worked ever since.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    I was at CompUSA last night and they had one PowerMac hooked up to sounndsticks and one with Apple pro speakers + iSub. The one with the Apple speakers sounded so much better. I was truly surprised.

What's everyone elses experience with this?

Could it be a bad setup on the Mac with the Soundsticks? I played with the equalizer in iTunes, but couldn't get it to sound any better.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by ryukyu:

<strong>I was at CompUSA last night and they had one PowerMac hooked up to sounndsticks and one with Apple pro speakers + iSub. The one with the Apple speakers sounded so much better. I was truly surprised.

What's everyone elses experience with this?

Could it be a bad setup on the Mac with the Soundsticks? I played with the equalizer in iTunes, but couldn't get it to sound any better.</strong><hr></blockquote>

something must be screwed up because the soundsticks are a lot better
  • Reply 4 of 6
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

something must be screwed up because the soundsticks are a lot better</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, they are A VERY MUCH LOTA MUCH BETTER! hehe, There's no comparision, SoundSticks by a fricking mile. The iSub that comes with the soundsticks has a bigger amp than the one you buy solo, nuff said.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    problem with the soundsticks setup for sure
  • Reply 6 of 6
    taqtaq Posts: 76member
    Hey KidRed, both the Soundstick sub and the iSub are 20 W subs. The frequency response on the iSub alone is even better than the Soundstick sub. This is made up for in that the soundsticks more than make up for what the sub misses. Overall the soundsticks are a better system, but that iSub is bitchin.

<a href="http://www.harmanmultimedia.com/shop_detail.html?cart=HK2_1013420024813570&sku=SS&; id1=1" target="_blank">Soundsticks</a>