Dreamweaver MX 2004 won't launch

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've tried everything I know how to do, but my dad's copy of Dreamweaver MX 2004 just will not launch. He has a TiBook running OS X 10.3.2, and he has all the software updates installed. This happened before and after installing 10.3.2.

Basically, he double clicks the icon, and after a couple bounces it disappears from the dock. Won't launch. I've tried everything: deleting the cache, deleting the preferences, fixing the permissions, updating the prebinding, running all the cron scripts, etc. Basically everything short of a wipe and reinstall, which I don't want to do if I don't have to (since he has to use his computer for work). I've tried reinstalling the application (he's done that too, probably more than once) to no avail. He sent an email to Macromedia tech support and has so far received only an automated message saying they got it. Any ideas to get it to work? Apparently, the first time he launched it, it gave him a dialog box for entering his serial number, which he did. After that, nothing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I'm havign the above problem..

flick.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Try to repair the permissions using the Disk Utility. One of my friends had this problem and I told them to do this and they never called me back on this issue so I am assuming it worked for him.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I remember having this before... usually a reboot does it.