Nokia 6600 / Symbian app, themes, etc?

zozo
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Lo all..

just got a new toy for Xmas. The new Nokia 6600 phone. Havent really been playing with it much yet... its still charging. Plus, I dont know how the hell to get my contacts off my old Nokia 6310i to the new phone. Grr. Copying contacts to the SIM card and then to the new phone has been largely unsuccessful.

Anywa, I find the Series 60 (Symbian) UAI horrible. The Icons really suck, They remind me of System 7 or something.

With a nice 65k display, Nokia should have some VERY nice, antialised icons now as I've seen on some other phones that use Series 60.

Anyway, any sites you can reccomend for changing THEMES (not just the wallpaper and operator logos) and to get some nice apps, games, extras, etc?

what are the "essential" software for a new Nokia phone? I'm a total newb in this field.

I was reaaaallllly tempted between this and the Sony Ericcsson T610... I still dont know if I made the right choice. But anyway... we shall see.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Lo all..

just got a new toy for Xmas. The new Nokia 6600 phone. Havent really been playing with it much yet... its still charging. Plus, I dont know how the hell to get my contacts off my old Nokia 6310i to the new phone. Grr. Copying contacts to the SIM card and then to the new phone has been largely unsuccessful.

You can send them via infared (or via SMS if you want, but that's expensive).

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

You can send them via infared (or via SMS if you want, but that's expensive).

Amorya

Minor snag though... I only have ONE SIM card.

I cant use the phone if it doesnt have a SIM card... so, im basically screwed. I think.

Can I batch send or do I have to send 300+ contacts one by one?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    my quest for themes, software, et al has brought forth the following stuff:

www.my6600.net (great forums too)

www.my-symbian.com (tons of software)

themes; http://www.gsmschwantz.com password is " gsmztnawhcs "

www.mobileburn.com (good forums)

http://wap41.com/checkitout/index.wml (wap site)

and muuuuch more.

Some cool software: SPY! which enagles your cameraphone to become a motion sensor, report to you if there is movement, etc etc. Very cool.

Cant wait to get to my Mac that has Bluetooth so I can upload all this crap.

Oh, and there is a "crystal" theme that is very Aqua-ish. I think, unless I find a good theme, I will be creating my own "ice-ish" or OSX like theme.