changing startup sound

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fiddler View Post

Having perfect pitch, I believe the startup chord is either D-flat major or G-flat major... I can't quite remember, and I'm not going to restart my Mac just to find out. :P

EDIT: fine, so I did reboot just to find out. It's sort of G-flat, but a quarter-tone or so flatter than your average A=440hz G flat.

Actually, it's a "C-major chord with the hands stretched as far on the keyboard as possible". Starting an octave below mid-c, the cord goes c-e-g-c-e-g-c-e. There might be a few more notes in there, but that's all my small hands could piece together with "c-major chord", "hands stretched", and "ending on the third". I looked it up on Google.
  • Reply 42 of 44

You obviously don't have perfect pitch. The creator of the startup sound has stated that it was a C major cord.

• Reply 43 of 44

quote: If the computer was dead and you got the most dreaded "Sad Mac" at boot, you got one of the death chimes. I can't tell you how terrifying it was to get a sad Mac at boot.

Why Is It So Dreaded?

• Reply 44 of 44

unless you give yourself "superuser" or Root access account, by using terminal, there is no way to change it... originally a mac allows for maximum customization out of the box but if you want to do such a thing you would need root access. EASY thing to do just YouTube around... be careful when changing things because it could hurt your mac