Favourite - or favorite ;) - Apple ad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just posted in another thread and it got me thinking in a nostalgiac manner.

What Apple ad do you remember fondly? Why?

What ads do you think were successful and for what reason?

C'mon - they can't all be that bad can they?

Here's a classic from the 80s that used to run in Australia - maybe it ran o/s as well? Does anybody here remember it?

Quote:

[cue nostalgia]

Actually, I do remember one "cracker" Apple ad down under from the 80s with these two executives in a lift. The senior exec says to the other: "Missed you at the 'shindig' the other night". Junior exec replies, nonchalantly, "I was busy". Then the boss type guy looks at him and says: "How's that proposal going?" "I've finished," the other exec returns. Upon which he hands him the work. Nice and neat title page, spreadsheets, graphs, piecharts - the works. "Geez, Frank - I didn't know our computers could do all this!" To which junior replies: "They can't - I did this at home." "What were you using?" *Ding* - lift doors open - Frank exits without replying... fade in rainbow coloured Apple.

Ahh, those were the days - the advantage of a stylish GUI and the boom in desktop publishing.

[/cue nostalgia]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Hasn't been made yet...

• Reply 2 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Well, aside from arguably the greatest ever -- "Here's to the Crazy Ones" -- I'd have to say "Baby Jack" was nice. It was sweet, something people could relate to, and did a good job showing off the feature set of iPhoto.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Well, aside from arguably the greatest ever -- "Here's to the Crazy Ones" -- [snip]...

D'oh! How could I have forgotten that! That was a truly inspired piece of work that signalled Apple was back on track!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    The best ever is the "Crazy Ones" ad. No question. It was inspiring, it was creative, it was just a great ad. I downloaded it a while ago and showed my mom the other night and she wanted to run out and spend thousands of dollars on a new Mac. My mom doesn't part to easily with money either. Put this ad back on and you'll get thousands of new customers. It was without a doubt the best. I'm gonna go watch it now, than buy an iPod.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

The best ever is the "Crazy Ones" ad. No question. It was inspiring, it was creative, it was just a great ad. I downloaded it a while ago and showed my mom the other night and she wanted to run out and spend thousands of dollars on a new Mac. My mom doesn't part to easily with money either. Put this ad back on and you'll get thousands of new customers. It was without a doubt the best. I'm gonna go watch it now, than buy an iPod.

DMBand0026 - where did you d/l it from? Any chance that you post a link please? Thanks!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Mac+:

For most of the Apple ads and the "Think Different" ad visit: http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/movies.html
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

Mac+:

For most of the Apple ads and the "Think Different" ad visit: http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/movies.html

OMG - I've hit the motherlode!

... could do with some more "rainbow era" stuff though
  • Reply 8 of 8
    wait a tick... what does "cannot create file" mean? Why can't I d/l these?