Kennedy Center Honors (CBS)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Did anybody else catch this broadcast? I'm really sorry that I missed most of it, I only saw the Carol Burnett segment and beyond....it was fantastic. Harvey Korman and Tim Conway were there, Burnadette Peters, Julie Andrews, Cheeta Rivera, Nathan Lane....more people I'm forgetting. Carol Burnett was holding back the tears...she was really blown away.

They closed with "Living in America" performed by Wayne Brady. The military choirs of the US armed forces filed down the aisles, balloon drop, inside fireworks...a real party.

Like I said, sorry I missed the beginning of the show.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Why the hell is Wayne Brady always singing? I can't wait to hear Howard Stern's take on it...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I understand that this may have been a re-run, but for anyone who watched television in the 1970's in America you'd have been a touched moved to see the tribute to Carol Burnett.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

I understand that this may have been a re-run, but for anyone who watched television in the 1970's in America you'd have been a touched moved to see the tribute to Carol Burnett.

CB rocked.

I saw four people singing praises to Mike Nichols of "Catch-22" fame. Then one of the four (Meryl Streep?) got on her knees and started bowing and paying homage to him like he was some kind of deity.

Class act, alright.

Fortunately my wife had taped some police drama earlier this week...

Aries 1B