Rev 1 iPod. AAC compatible?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey guys. I may be picking up a rev. 1 iPod 5 gig for 80 bucks WITH a remote. Thing I am wondering is, with the latest update, does it support AAC? Besides that, do you think it is worth it? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    yes it does

• Reply 2 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Hey guys. I may be picking up a rev. 1 iPod 5 gig for 80 bucks WITH a remote. Thing I am wondering is, with the latest update, does it support AAC? Besides that, do you think it is worth it? Thanks!

I'd pretty positive it does. On a lighter note, I got a dock today for free from a friend...i need a remote now.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Yes the latest firmware supports AAC and the FairPlay DRM for use with the iTunes Music Store.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Thanks for the quick responses! I figured it did, but I want to make sure. (I am re-ripping my 320k mp3 collection to 320k AAC). Now I have to decide if I should buy it or now.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Thanks for the quick responses! I figured it did, but I want to make sure. (I am re-ripping my 320k mp3 collection to 320k AAC). Now I have to decide if I should buy it or now.

hmm. have you listened to both?

in my no so scientific evaluation AAC only is noticeably better below 192K/sec

but, as I said, didn't really test that too much
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Luckily my collection is relatively small. (Only had like 4 cds on it.) But I do have around 20-30 cds so the iPod will perfectly compliment it. I figured that I may as well move over. I dunno.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

yes it does

It's 1.3
  • Reply 8 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

It's 1.3

That's 1.3.1, silly.