Best quote ever!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
"Since buying my X-Box a year ago and aside of getting the included games (Halo, Sega GT 2002 and Jet Set Radio) I have only brought one game for it, Panzer Dragoon Orata. I brought about 4 games for my GameCube and 4 for the PS2." -Lain

I've had a Gamecube since it came out and have had most the systems throughout my life; Atari 2600, Com 64, genesis, snes, sega cd, saturn, Jaguar, playstation, n64, dreamcast, and now I just got a PS2. I love it and only have a few games on it. I have screwed up by selling all my systems through the years. (another subject)

this quote makes complete sense becaues now I want an Xbox to play Panzer Dragoon (previous Saturn game), and Halo, and Morrowind, and that's about it really.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That would make me not want to buy it. To me is seems like there's only on additional game worth buying.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    you are missing virtual boy, the original nintendo and X32 for Sega Genesis... not to mention the portable games... (GB, GBp, GBC, GBA, GBASP, Game Gear, Nomad (genesis to go!), neo geo... etc...)

you had Jaguar?!?!?!?! 64BITS!! I remember those commercials! the "next level" everything else was 32 bit or something... how was it? do you remember what games you (had)played?

I have NES, SNES, N64, GB (orig), GBC, Genesis, Game Gear, Sega CDX (basically Genesis and Sega CD in one), X32 (never worked right, none of the games worked actually now that I think about it I don't think I ever got any games for it... damn OCD), Saturn, PS1, PS2

I'm planning on getting a GC and GBA SP very soon (like next couple of days) I don't think I will ever get an X-Box... And I still own every single game/accessory/console I ever bought... and have the boxes (somewhere) for most of them...

my nintendo console collection is currently in use up at college (well just my NES and SNES, a roommate has the 64 and GC...)

memories... sigh....
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I know quite a few people who have multiple consoles that never play them, or only play one or two games on them before they get bored with them and stop playing them. Doesn't seem worth it to me. I never had any systems, so I don't really understand anything gaming related, or why people are so obsessed with it.

Edit: Quick question...why is this in GD? Seems more appropriate for AO, IMO. You would have gotten a better response there.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

you had Jaguar?!?!?!?! 64BITS!! I remember those commercials! the "next level" everything else was 32 bit or something... how was it? do you remember what games you (had)played?

Ah, dear sweet Atari Jaguar. I spent way too much time and money on it. By the end I had close to 15 games for it. Sadly, I lost the system and all the games somewhere when I was at University. What's doubly sad is the only working Jaguar emulator for OSX is slow as shit and I think is no longer being developed. I miss Alien VS Predator.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Jaguar was awesome! It was really impressive how well it did compared even to playstation. The death of ours was that the slot to load the games was loose and a slight nudge could restart the system. You had to love the functional controllers too!

I didn't see the best handheld (until somewhat recently with gameboy color) gaming system. Lynx. It was slightly bigger then gameboy or anything else but it was awesome! Heck I still pull that out every once in a while to play california games, slimeworld, and paperboy.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I knew I left some out, I was just listing the ones I've had.. I forgot a few that I did have though.

for the Jag I had Iron Soldier and Alien vs Predator, Cannon Fodder, um...Tempest which kicked major ass!!!!!.. cant remember the rest.

#$@%@^!!

I regret selling them all

word of advise.. if you have old systems laying around.. keep them!