Microsoft Office Keyboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anybody used the Microsoft Office Keyboard? The Microsoft web site states: Macintosh OS 8.6 or later operating system (excluding OS X or later). Unfortunately, I ordered the keyboard (this past Thursday from CDW) before reading the bit about "excluding Mac OS X". Can the keyboard be made to easily work in Mac OS X? I ordered the keyboard mainly because I only have the use of my left hand and the Office Keyboard has a scroll pad on the left side.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The scroll wheel on my Intellimouse works in OS X despite not being advertised with compatibility. I have a feeling the scroller on the keyboard will work too, but I can't be sure...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    the scroll should work. the other features may not right away.

you could try to configure the other buttons using USB Overdrive which is slowly shaping up on OS X. Or you could wait for MS's peripheral drivers which supposedly are in testing now
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Eugene and Applenut, thank you for your replys. That bit of info you sent m makes me feel better about my purchase. Hopefully the keyboard will be delivered Monday along with a Maxtor 160GB FireWire drive.