Which case to buy for 17" pb?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm trying to figure out which case to pick up for my 17" pb. I want one with two cases, that is a smaller 'go' slip cover inside a big case for when I don't need to whole thing. I have been looking at brenthaven but can't find any pictures of what the slip cover that comes with their backpacks looks like. It would be nice to know what it looks like before spending over a hundred bucks on it. Anyone know where I can find good description of it besides the web site. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I got myself an incase laptop sleeve for my Alu15"

Then I just use my backpack if I need to haul more stuff.

incase makes some pretty good cases, stylish, strong, flexible, my friend got a guitar case from them, that has a separate detachable laptop case, it's very nice.

Another good maker, is timbukt2, they have some nice shoulder cases, and sleeves(their sleeves are very awesome.

as far as pictures I can't help you there, just offering some possible alternatives.(the brenthaven stuff is $$$)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I have the 15" version of the Brenthaven...I'll post pics in a few minutes that you can check out...by the way, it is absolutely the BEST case or backpack I have EVER owned!!!
  • Reply 3 of 6
  • Reply 4 of 6
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    filmmaker-Thanks for posting those pictures. That's exactly what I was looking for, trying to figure out how practical it could be to just take the slip-in case around with the powerbook when not needing the whole backpack. Does slip case have room for the power adapter to go with it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    No, I rarely go anywhere without my backpack though. If you buy the sholder bag, the Powerbook goes into the slip case horizontally instead of vertically like in the backpack. But there's no room for the power adapter. But like I said, I ALWAYS bring my pack with me. I don't think I have taken the slip case out more than once.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I got myself an incase laptop sleeve for my Alu15"

Then I just use my backpack if I need to haul more stuff.

as far as pictures I can't help you there, just offering some possible alternatives.(the brenthaven stuff is $$$)

Ditto.

Power Adaptor, iPod, and various cables go in the incase and it's light as hell. The backpack holds the gear I use less often.

the slip covers sold with larger bags aren't really practical on their own.