wireless keyboard/monitor shielding question

rokrok
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
okay, i just bought logitech's wireless navigator duo keyboard and mouse, but there appears to be some interference with my viewsonic monitor. not horribly bad, but you can see a slight shimmer at the bottom of the screen image. i took the keyboard and brought it right up to the screen and saw it get more pronounced (and it sure as hell wasn't there a minute ago). adjusting the refresh of the monitor doesn't help.

anyone know what i can use to act as a shield between the two? the keyboard tray is slightly below the main desk on which the monitor rests, so i am thinking i may be able to place some sheet of metal under the desktop (between the keyboard tray and the monitor, out of sight) to help block it. heck, i think i've heard of people using something as simple as tin foil to help block the rf feed.

or would it help to position the receiver closer to the keyboard? i doubt it. they say to keep the receiver far away from the monitor, probably for this exact reason. and the keyboard and mouse probably don't direct their signals... they just broadcast in all directions.

anyway, if anyone's got some ideas, i'd appreciate hearing 'em. otherwise, this keyboard/mouse is about 1700% better than the pieces of crap apple sent me.