ohhhhh crap. broken keyboard.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
so heres my dilemma. i was trying to install some crucial memory in my ibook g4. couldnt get some screws loose enough to take out the top part that covers the memory. so i decieded to try another time. so i go to install the keyboard back to its normal position and you know those two latches that you are suppose to pull towards you to take out the keyboard in the first place? yeah so one of them came off, i have the spring and the plastic part off of the keyboard. AND the '1' key came off too. i dont know if it is broken and cant be put back but it is completely off the keyboard and i dont know how to put it back.

so im pretty pissed right now this being my first mac and laptop. so i have some questions that i hope some of you can answer:

1.is there a place where i can have my keyboard fixed? i just got it today and figure my warranty is still cool.

2.can i fix this myself, and if anyone knows can you let me know how?

and honestly id rather have someone reputable fix it cause im having trouble and dont want to mess up my new ibook even more.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    okay nevermind the '1' key(damn i feel retarded haha) but can anyone help with the keyboard secure latch thingy?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Without seeing it it's hard to tell if it can be fixed. Does it just snap back on?