caps lock software

rokrok
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hmmm... anyone know where i can get a piece of software that puts an icon in my menu bar when caps lock is enabled? my new logitech keyboard, for some reason, LACKS an LED. go figure.

i could swear there was either a feature built-in somewhere in mac os x, or there was a piece of freeware somewhere, but maybe i am thinking of pre-mac os x.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Yeah, I think I remember that... on an ooold mac laptop. I think it was a duo, and it didn't have an LED, either. I'm sure it wouldn't be a large piece of software... but I don't know if it exists for OS X.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    My 1400 has the icon in the menubar. It doesn't have a light in its caps lock key either. I'm not sure if there is OS X software for that, though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Your login window as well as if you need to type in an administrator password for some reason (installs, system prefs...ect) will indicate if your caps lock key is on, but that is only in effect for Panther. This feature was left out out of Jag I believe. Check version tracker for a caps lock indicator utility.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, searching through logitech's online support did nothing, but it was buried in their read me document... apparently right-clicking on the image of the keyboard in their installed system preference pane will allow you to display the caps lock icon in the menubar... not in the CONFIGURE area, like any NORMAL person with two working lobes of a brain would EXPECT it to be... (gosh, i want to configure my keyboard, so i should avoid the configure button... hmmm...)

gosh, that doesn't feel like a WINDOWS PORT at all, does it?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    as a last resort, although not an elegant menubar solution

System Prefs : Universal Access : Keyboard : Sticky keys and "Display keys on screen" might help