Air plane crash in egyptia : 148 dead . Accident or Terrorist attack ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A boeing 737 from a private egyptian company, crashed today in Sharm el sheikh. All people died in the crash. Most passengers where french people.133) the two others where a japanese and a morroco womens. The 13 members of the staff where all egyptians.

The egyptian and the french governement said that it was an accident. I think that they are a little too quick to assume that for obvious reasons. The plane crashed ten miles from Sharm el sheik, after the plane practiced an U turn. The pilot did not tell anything to the air controllers. People from the hotel heared an gigantic explosion when the plane crashed. The plane is collapsed in many fragments.

I think i am going to cancel my congress to Sharm el Sheik in february. Accident or not : it's scary.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Seems like an accident to me.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    They say that the machine couldn't gain height after the start.

\
  • Reply 3 of 10
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    They said that the plane went from to 4500 feets to sea level in 17 seconds. It's a pretty fast fall.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

They said that the plane went from to 4500 feets to sea level in 17 seconds. It's a pretty fast fall.

4500 feet is pretty low. and if something did go wrong and the plane went into a nose dive, 17 seconds isnt that fast at all

I think they were a little too quick to say it wasnt terrorism. I mean, just a few hours after the crash they said it wasn't. If they are so sure of that then they must have some idea what happened.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

4500 feet is pretty low. and if something did go wrong and the plane went into a nose dive, 17 seconds isnt that fast at all

I think they were a little too quick to say it wasnt terrorism. I mean, just a few hours after the crash they said it wasn't. If they are so sure of that then they must have some idea what happened.

You may be right.

According to the swiss authorities, the plane was a lemon. Swiss think that this plane who crashed was the one they checked sometimes ago. And after this check, this egyptian fly company was forbidden in switzerland.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

If they are so sure of that then they must have some idea what happened.

What happened was they were flying Flash Airlines.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    http://www.tagi.ch/dyn/news/ausland/337273.html (english translation)

"With controls within the range of the chassis, the engines and the flight control obvious malfunctions were determined. Besides it was stated that documents for the navigation were missing on board, which had not taken place computations of the fuel reserves after international standards, and which were sign-posting of the emergency exits partially in useless condition." (translation by Google; I'm lazy)

Don't fly with Flash Airlines.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

http://www.tagi.ch/dyn/news/ausland/337273.html (english translation)

"With controls within the range of the chassis, the engines and the flight control obvious malfunctions were determined. Besides it was stated that documents for the navigation were missing on board, which had not taken place computations of the fuel reserves after international standards, and which were sign-posting of the emergency exits partially in useless condition." (translation by Google; I'm lazy)

Don't fly with Flash Airlines.

It's seems that Flash Airlines sucks. My parents went to egypt some years ago, and the planes they took in Egyptia sucked.

I have cancelled my travel to egyptia anyway. I go to holiday to relax my self, not to gain anxiety.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Is egyptia somewhere near Egypt?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    It was a 737. They don't need any help from terrorists.

About a decade ago, at least two crashed in the States, and IIRC the news talked about how they are used for short hops and how they take a lot of stress from a lot of take-offs and landings.