Apple repair, how long will it take?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I sent my brand new powerbook back to Apple to be fixed yesterday. I know they won't recieve it until Monday. Has anyone had experience with sending powerbooks in for repair? Do they do an excellent job? How long should I expect to be without it? I was told that the monitor was stressed and that is why there was a bigger gap on the right and a stuck pixel as well as a stuck trackpad. I hope it comes back in brand new condition, because that is how I sent it in. I am just really nervous about this whole thing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Well.. keep you eyes on the Repair Status on AppleSupport site.

Last time, I sent in my TiBook 400 for repair. I brought the whole machine to the Apple authorized dealer and they sent it back to Apple. My problem was the machine won't boot unless I hold the power key for about 6 sec and then hit it again. I bought it in March/2001 and sent it back in March/2002. I waited around a month to get the TiBook back due to the backorder parts. They changed the top case and logic board. So, if your PowerBook is still in the life cycle or previous revision.. you should be lucky.