Vinyl CD-R

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know virtually nothing about these, other than seeing them in a recent ad in the paper. How are they in price/performance comparison to a traditional 700MB CD-R? Are there any potential problems in using them with the slot-load combo drive in my PowerBook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    i puchased some of these and they just look like a the old records on top. worked fine for me too
  • Reply 2 of 15
    I've heard they are the best CD-Rs evar, but I have no personal experience. In threads here at AppleInsider seeking advice for the best CD-Rs, the vinyl ones have *always* won the greatest praise and recommendations.

They're hard to find and expensive, though.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I just need to find myself one of those album making machines. You could have the vinyl on top and digital version underneath.

Off to the patent office!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    is this a hoax?
  • Reply 5 of 15
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I saw them before..
  • Reply 6 of 15
    wal-mart sells them.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    They're not actually vinyl are they? I thought they were just printed on top to look like old 45s
  • Reply 8 of 15
    everything's vinyl baby........

no actually you're right they are ordinary cd's with the label on top. it looks like a forty-five.

edit=it's not a label, it can't be peeled off, i meant label in the sense that it's meant to look like a record label.

i'll be back later to over-explain things further........
  • Reply 9 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    They're good CD-Rs because they're Verbatim.

Verbatim is owned by Mitsubishi Chemical.

Mitsubishi Chemical CD-Rs are good.

They're also great for Disc T@2 because the writing side is very high contrast.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    I have some. Bought 'em at Office Depot. (I work there.) They are pretty nice for archiving stuff. I use them when I do some recording and want to save 'em. They use very nice dark ink.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

is this a hoax?

Absolutely not;

http://www.verbatim.com/products/pro...cfm?pro_id=429
  • Reply 12 of 15
    You can get them here (5inch.com) too. And there are a lot of other nice designs! enjoy.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Those "vinyl" looking ones (in the above post) look like crap compared to these, the ones my band routinely uses to distribute our live shows and demos. They're black on the bottom, too.
  • Reply 14 of 15
  • Reply 15 of 15
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Cool looking...but where do you write the title of the CD?

Doesn't seem to be any space.