iBook problem! - Bag a shite!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Not that the iBook is a bag of shite, it's just the problem I have is a little bit annoying.

Don't know if anybody else has come across this, but I'd say after about 6 hours of use (it seems) the track pad on the iBook just goes dead slow, in other words the pointer moves about 1cm per swipe across it. Now, a restart in OS X sorts it out a treat, but it's a pain in the arse to have to do.

So, does anybody know what is going on???

Tim

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Hmm, I had the same problem but it just seemed to fix itself. Which version of OS X are you running?

J
  • Reply 2 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    there are posts about this at apple's web site, in their user forums section. came across them a while back, while looking into upgrade options for my HD. you might want to check over there and see what you can find.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 3 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I've had this problem too and I found that it's not about how long I've been using the book, but about the electric shocks that my phone line is giving me. It seems if I get the static shock and then touch the book, the mouse will get slow. Putting it to sleep and then waking it up again will fix it everytime.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Hi,

Just come back here to tell you I've figured it out.

I was playing around with a chain that goes round my neck that holds my security fob for work. I noticed that the latch button on the front of the iBook is magnetic while moving the chain around. This seems to spark of the mouse going really slow. It's like the OS is in some kind of Limbo sleep. This also happens if you press the button in too. In other words a magnetic connection or a press of the button will make the iBook think it should turn its display off, but it gets stuck in the middle somewhere and the mouse slows right down.

As somewhen mentioned before putting it to sleep and waking will resolve the problem. Or you can close the display, open it back up again, press the button in again (which seems to sync the sleep function back) and puts it to sleep and then press a key to start again, and et voila

Tim