How long till the stream is up? 11 minutes left...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How long till the stream is up? 11 minutes left...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    never mind its up

looks like sh!t though compared to other apple keynote streams
  • Reply 2 of 23
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    They seem to be having major bandwidth problems on this video feed. All I'm getting is sputtering sound and a mess of very slowly updated blocky video garbage.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    3 minutes!
  • Reply 4 of 23
    HELP!!! I am on a powerbook i gig sd with a full gig of memory. the quicktime webcast opens briefly...and then I get tyhe damn beachball! It keeps freezing safari and internet explorer! What is wrong with my set up???
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Just noticed that the little "OSZ" window overlay that says "Moscone Center San Francisto, CA" is the old version of the OSX menu bar which was pinstriped and had the window shading button! Yeah. I am going nuts for it to start.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by MilesWho

HELP!!! I am on a powerbook i gig sd with a full gig of memory. the quicktime webcast opens briefly...and then I get tyhe damn beachball! It keeps freezing safari and internet explorer! What is wrong with my set up???

Also, the quicktime window reloads once every three minutes. Anyone?
  • Reply 7 of 23
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    linky linky! I can't seem to find it!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Sorry. Not sure what your problems could be attributed to. But wow! Steve is looking back 20 years.... Wonder what this could mean... 20th edition Mac? Running the ad now... Wonder what they will announce.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

linky linky! I can't seem to find it!

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf04/
  • Reply 10 of 23
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    wow, thanks. that was the fastest response ever!
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

wow, thanks. that was the fastest response ever!

Hah not a problem. Can't JUST watch the video. Gotta talk about it while it is going on!
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Quote:

Also, the quicktime window reloads once every three minutes. Anyone?

I think I am going to scream! I have loved every minute of this powerbook, but I think I am going tot hrow it through the window!
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Quote:

I think I am going to scream! I have loved every minute of this powerbook, but I think I am going tot hrow it through the window!

Wait a sec... I have a firewall so I always have to change Quicktime's preferences to use the HTTP instead of UDP... It's in the quicktime options... Try that!
  • Reply 14 of 23
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    I get crisp sound and image over here (Belgium)
  • Reply 15 of 23
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I've heard a bit of complaining, but honestly, I'm getting the best quality stream I've ever seen from a Stevenote.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    I was having problems because I was a little too far away from my wireless router. Wireless obviously add a lag that hurts the performance of a real-time apps like streaming video.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Man I had to try to connect to the stream several times, because I got the error "453: not enough bandwidth"!

And now I only have 5 fps!!!!
  • Reply 18 of 23
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Changed my settings to HTTP rather than UDP and the stream looks solid now. very nice--I'm actually glad I didn't schlep down to Apple Soho.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Bah...... I had a great connection but I was messing around and crashed Quicktime. Now the connection sucks. They must have capped it for newer connections.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    working now with 250-350 KBIT/s

http solved it for me, too.