Neo OS 5

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This is the link to Neo OS 5.2. (This is a geocities link, so either cut and paste the text, or enter it yourself, external links to geocities do not work!):

geocities.com/bettafish2000/neo5.swf

What is Neo OS? A new OS built on the Red Globe File system that the individuals at Bettafish Inc have created. Why is this important? Developers can design new software for this multiplatform core. Below are beta version information on the current releases. Downloads and source kits are available on request. Thank you,

-Liz Phillips

Head of Bettafish Inc.

Neo OS PRODUCT LINEUP HISTORY:

BETTAFISH INC.

Neo OS Build 1.0.2

RELEASE: 2001/sept 13th

Key features:

-130MB installation

-E byt browser(version 1.0)

-Word Wizard software(1.0)

OS Faq:

-Built on the Chine(c) file format system. Supports up to 256 colors. No support for independant video card(list of manufacturers, refer to index). No support for software rendering(uses direct draw windows files). 640x480 resolution max. (No network support). Full version software available only, beta stage. Upgradable to version 2 using "upgrade option." Support for dial up networking or LAN must use 3d party software. Supports .exe and .txt file extensions. (Some restrictions apply).

Requirements:

-Windows 98 or Me(XP/2000/NT not supported).

-133mhz Pentium or faster.

-4 MB Memory

-130 free HDD space.

Neo OS Build 1.1.3

RELEASE 2001/oct 3rd

Key features:

-80MB installation

-Support for audio

-Time/date feature

-Improved menus

OS Faq:

-Built on the Chine(c) file format system. Now with audio support using native Windows drivers.(And supported audio chipsets). Color is now adjustable to B+W, 8-but color, and 256 colors. Improves menus for easier access to options. Windows are resizable due to core operation updates. Contrast option available. Rename function for title bars.

Requirments:

-80MB free HDD Space

Neo OS Build 1.2.5

RELEASE: 2001/dec 16th

Key features:

-110MB installation

-Advanced menus

-Title bars themeable

-Word Wizard software(2.0)

-Moveable icons

OS Faq:

-Built on the Chime(c) file format system. Includes new graphic support for supporting higher resolution up to 800x600. 256 colors max depth. Icons can now be moved(memory of recent positions remembered). Word Wizard 2.0.1 adds more support for file types, including: Microsoft Word, AppleWorks.) Customizable title bars for different colors: red, green, yellow, black, default: blue). Menus support for direct access to directory contents.

Neo OS Build 2.0.1

RELEASE: 2002/feb 28th

Key features:

-Red Globe File System update

-16 bit colors

-Gradient support

OS Faq:

-Built on the Red Globe file system. (Optimized for certain applications). This is optional(if support for older applications is needed). The core is still built on the Chime system, but the RGFS is running as a background task to optimize apps and overall system speed. Support for up to 16 bit depth, at 800x600 resolution. This offers support for more programs and better graphics. Gradients is also supported due to the higher resolution support. The system runs 25% faster compared to earlier systems when running supported applications and certain tasks. This version is offered as a full install.

Neo OS Build 2.1.3

RELEASED: 2002/mar 15th

Key features:

-User log in

-Icon options(resizable)

-Menu FW/BW option(Supermenu 2.0)

-Diamond(c) multimedia player

-Word Wizard(3.0)

OS Faq:

-User log in recognition remembers changes made by the user and saves them(this is fully optimized by the Red Globe File System). Supermenu(c) 2.0 is an active directory browser that has been integrated into the browser. (No more multiple windows open means less clutter). Small and large icons now supported due to the higher resolution(800x600 max). .AVI and .MOV and .MP3 and .WAV files are now supported with the Diamond(c) Media player. Word Wizard 3.0 supports the high resolution 800x600 setting.

Neo OS Build 3.0.1

RELEASE: 2002/july 25th

Key features:

-Word Wizard 3.5

-Menu Tab(1.0)

-Supermenu

-New Interface

-User log in

-CD/Floppy support

OS Faq:

-Built completely on the Red Globe File System. This meant the interface had to be updated to support the full features that is offered. Startup screen graphics now supported(256 colors max). Boot engine(1.0) supports booting from CD-ROM or 3 1/2 Floppy diskette. New interface boats support for quicker access to directories and applications. The advanced supermenu(3.0) integrates multiple functions into one, including instant access to tools for certain files, a media bar to preview multimedia files. Word Wizard 3.5 has been updated to the new interface. User log-in supported for better privacy and protection.

Neo OS Build 4.0.1

RELEASED: 2002/aug 6th

Key features:

-Word Wizard 4.0

-Media Studio 2.0

-DVD-ROM support

-Right click support

OS Faq:

-This release was a multimedia update. Featuring support for DVD-ROMs, (playback of videos only). A now fully integrated Media Studio(c) for playing:

-CD's

-MP3's

-DVD's

-Word Wizard 4.0 is also included and is a final release of version 3.5(big fixes). Right clicking is incorperated to bring customizability to a new level, offering instant access to resulution and program properties.

Neo OS Build 4.2.0

RELEASE: 2002/september 2nd

Updates:

Neo OS 4.2.0 features a new full screen(scaling) user log in screen, with voice recognition drivers built in. This assures users have secure and safe protection. Administration tools(c) 1.0 enables the host(admin) to set limits and passwords to individual users. LAN support for various manufacturers. Shut-down menu has been improved for users. Encrypted file support to protect against unwanted user attacks. Simplified menu bars de-clutter the work space. "Users" folder for viewing shared files and viewing what users are currently online/offline.

Neo System 5.0.0

RELEASE: 2003/oct 10th

OS Faq:

-Red Globe file system version 2.0. Improved speed of up to 30% compared to RGFS 1.0.

-Completely new interface and high quality depth up to 32-bit colors, resolution depending on video card.

-User log in system faster, saved preferences are loaded quicker.

-Menu tab 2.0 closes and expands to de-clutter workspace.

-Supermenu SE(special edition), is now less complex and automatically catagorizes items depending on type.

-WordWIZ 4.5 updated to new interface, Media Studio 2.5 included.

-Ebyt(c) 2.0 is included and supports WAP, HTML, FLASH, and JAVA.

-Echat compatible with ICQ and MSN contacts, built in auto-mail link.

-HELP(c) system and tutorials built in for ease of use.

-Afterburn 1.0 software included.

-Mail express 1.0, built in virus scanning technology for recieving and composing emails.

-Neo DVD stand alone player for optimized playback of DVD-ROMS.

REQUIRMENTS: Windows 98, ME(XP/2000/NT not supported).

-330MB free HDD space.

-64MB memory.

-Pentium 1 or higher.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    If v5.2 sucks this much, how much did v1 suck?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    peharripeharri Posts: 169member
    I think I'm going to write my own operating system that runs under Windows so I can have polls about it on AppleInsider too.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    No offence pumpkintosh, but that does sound a bit rude. I come here to share my work, and you insult it. What's your reasoning? I would not insult your work, no matter how bad it was. I would tell you where you went wrong, ect. It's called constructive critisism, I believe I deserve at least that amount of respect. Thank you, and no hard feelings!

P.S: Neo OS build 1.0.2 was very bad. There is a picture. Again, copy and paste the text into your address bar:

geocities.com/bettafish2000/neo2main.jpg

Cheers!

-Liz Phillips
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Bettafish (AKA: Billy_2004), you're a known troll over at MacNN... go away.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    pathetic troll. man. don't people put any effort into this stuff anymore?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    How about:

"No, not until I see detailed information specifying exactly what the thing is"

Barto
  • Reply 7 of 14
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Okay, I will be honest. The reason I am building this Operating System is because I cannot stand OS X. OS X needs to be whiped from the face of the earth(and all your hard disks). What we are creating at Bettafish Inc is a revolutionary new File System called Red Globe. RG is the way to the future of computing, simply because it supports multiplatform operation. Do not judge me from the other posts at MacNN, they dont appreciate me and my work, and I know you fine people will. I can tell by your attitudes that your way better people. And I trust you all to support me in my cause to bring down OS X, and globalize Neo OS.

-Liz Phillips
  • Reply 9 of 14
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    What the hell?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    What in the ding dang hell has happened to this forum while I was away and why is this still open?

Citizen's Arrest!

Citizen's Lock!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by liz phillips

Okay, I will be honest. The reason I am building this Operating System is because I cannot stand OS X. OS X needs to be whiped from the face of the earth(and all your hard disks). What we are creating at Bettafish Inc is a revolutionary new File System called Red Globe. RG is the way to the future of computing, simply because it supports multiplatform operation. Do not judge me from the other posts at MacNN, they dont appreciate me and my work, and I know you fine people will. I can tell by your attitudes that your way better people. And I trust you all to support me in my cause to bring down OS X, and globalize Neo OS.

-Liz Phillips

You cannot stand people who have critisism on your work, except when it's 'constructive critisism' (i.e. applaud your work) ?

You cannot stand people who insult your work, after you yourself insulted OSX as something that 'had to be wiped of the earth' ?

You cannot stand OSX because it's (a lot) better ?

And you try to find some sympathy here for your 'work' ? You must be the worst PR in the Solar system.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    8===D
  • Reply 13 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

8===D

Ditto that
  • Reply 14 of 14
    And this is why we need Global Moderators....

[LOCK]