Got my PB back / not fixed still

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got my PB back today. I was excited until I opened the box up and took it out and the gap was still there. I measured it. On the left it is half a mm, on the right, it is a full 4mm. They said they replaced a bezel which should have fixed it but obviously didn't. They also did not fix the stuck track pad. They told me to send it in again. I am so frustrated and disappointed. I have only had it since December 16. Any advice anyone can give me on what I can or might try next? I bought it from the online Apple education store. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    where is the gap?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    small beans

Mine is 3mm on one side and <1mm on the other. Somehow I find the strength to function.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    The gap is on the right side. I know it doesn't seem significant to the last replier, but it is to me. I didn't expect this coming straight out of the box. I had to take out a loan to purchase this, so it is quite signifcant to me. It is not important though and I am sending it off yet again so they can have another chance and opportunity to not fix it again. Sorry to bother anyone with my insignifcant drival.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    on the right side??? the screen on its framing has the 3 mm gap??? the 'book closed has that gap?? keyboard has the gap???
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I'm sorry. I didn't mention that it is when it is closed on the right side, between the screen and botto. And it is 4 mm not 3mm. Thanks for asking for more detail. I am a teacher, I should always remember to include details.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    ummm...you may never be happy if you let it bother you too much. I understand you spent a lot of money and it's your right. I've never taken a ruler out to measure gaps on anything I've bought. If i did, I'd never buy anything...lifes too short and it won't effect performance unless you're seeing how far you can throw it. Aerodynamics are important in that case
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Ha, ha. You say it shouldn't matter. But let me ask you this. I you decided to buy a brand new car instead of a used one, you would expect to be getting a car without any scratches. Then you go to get the car and there are dents and scratches how would you feel?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    I have bought a new car, and to be honest you probably would never find one that didn't have some sort of blemish. Now a dent would not be acceptable, that's a given. I'm not going to spend 4 hours looking inside and out of a car before i buy it. You know why? Because I know for a fact there would be something wrong.

All and all it's up to you, since you bought it. I have a feeling you may never be happy though, if you keep taking the ruler out. I'm not saying you're wrong to be that way, just that your letting a small item ruin the overall satisfaction of your purchase.

Just so you know....I have a pismo powerbook. The cd/dvd drive in it died about 2 month's after the warranty was up, it has 2 dead pixels on the screen now. I'm still happy with my purchase, because the use I've gotten out of it overshadows the fact it's had some defects
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Your problems were not right out of the box the day you purchased it though. I think if they had been straight out of the box I think you might be reacting in a similar way. But maybe you wouldn't.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Do you have an apple store close...a better option may be seeing if they can fix it or just exchange it right there. Not sure if they do it or not, but at least you'd be able to walk out satified.

It has to suck sending it back and forth. Who knows, it may ship looking good, and if it comes UPS...ummm those guys don't handle stuff very nice. I know, I used to work in one of their loading and unloading plants. Tossing Gateway Moooo boxes was my specialty, if you know what I mean.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    There is an Apple authorized repair and retail shop. However, I wouldn't trust leaving it there. They tend to "accidentally" damage computers brought in there. I have taken my G3 there only when its been something they can fix while I wait. I am supposed to get another box to send it back in tomorrow. They use Airborne Express, but people have told me that they are rough in handling like UPS and even FedEx. I just don't understand why they didn't actually fix anything when they had it on Monday. It had these defects when I took it out of the box. Had these occurred after I had had it for a while, I would not be as upset and concerned about them. Thanks for reading my post and responding.