Really Compatible

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Real Networks has their own music store and player that supports the iTMS. So will all new players now support the iTMS? I'm not sure if it's good or not for others to be able to support them, since that the iTMS doesn't make money, iPods do.

Really!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    The Player does not support the iTMS... it supports the same formats as sold on the iTMS. Most music players now support AAC as well as OGG, if not standard then with a plug-in. But why would you want to use the new RealPlayer when you have iTunes? I find that iTunes is a godsent for both PC and Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    what is up with real.com's software? does anyone like it or use it? i only use real player when some website offers no other alternatives. i'm not sure why, but I hate real audio and real video and all that garbage. it was cool back in 1997, but seems to be pretty passe nowadays.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    I dislike that for Mac and the Windows Media Player for Mac.

Quicktime, people! Why can't we get more of that?!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Real Player sucks the big one... not much more to say.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Dunno, when some websites only offer real or wmv, I take real. Lesser of two evils maybe.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

Dunno, when some websites only offer real or wmv, I take real. Lesser of two evils maybe.

yep... anything but microsfft wherever possible, vlc what qt doesn't like
  • Reply 7 of 10
    does windows media player suck as much on a windows machine as it does on a mac?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

does windows media player suck as much on a windows machine as it does on a mac?

Nope. I think the same applies for Real Player too.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

In my experience it does. Microsoft's software is just poorly written, end of story. Although I imagine that it works better on a Wintell box (as would real) since both are native to the Windows environment. However, that doesn't change the fact that they suck
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Well, on Windows I can actually bear to use the tools. Not the best, but I wouldn't go all the way to "they suck"..lol.

I would mainly use them for web content, and for that purpose, they actually work a lot better on Windows and believe it or not, it feels better too.

Use Windows Media Player and Real player on Mac OS X, and you'd think you're using a piece of crap.