Email server recommendation.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am contemplating replacing our MS Exchange server with a Mac/Linux based e-mail server.

Can anyone recommend an e-mail server that has global address book/calendar/meeting crap and runs on PC/MAC/Linux clients? (I don't want sendmail as I can't spend the time on it).

My reason for moving is purely cost drive. I consider Ms Exchange a very very good mail server but both OS X and Linux client support sucks big time as we need meeting/calendar/remote login etc facilites.

Dobby.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lotus Notes/Domino.

There's nothing better out there, win, unix, os400, sparc server.

osx win, linux, OS/2 clients.

Can be costly, depends of which options you need. it can integrate with back-end databases, you can create your own databases, it can be your fax server, web server, etc...

amazing soft.

Link
  • Reply 2 of 2
    If you were just looking for email, then I would recommend [url=http://courier-mta.org]Courier-MTA[\\url]. But since you want the whole group-ware thing, I will put forward CommunigatePro. For something like $2000 you can have a 50 person workgroup up with their group-ware.

I have never used the group-ware, but tried the email server for a while and was happy (until I found Courier for free).