I can't print from Microsoft Word anymore ?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm using an

Epson C84 printer

G4 400 mgz

For some strange reason I can't Print from Word anymore. I can from any other program but not that one. I've reinstalled office all together. I've reinstalled my Epson driver and still no luck. This all started last night when I used software update for "Pro App Runtime - Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther)". After that word would not print. When I go to print I get "No Printer Selected". I don't get it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. It's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Scott

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hi there.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem may be, but I did just have a friend go through a day of frustration over not being able print in Word. Apparently she had downloaded several Post Script fonts, and her budget inkjet of course couldn't print them. Probably not helping your case, but I get tired of just moving these threads without adding anything.

Since it is help you seek, I direct you to the Genius Bar, sir.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    word has this issue -- when parts of the program get broken. I would suggest re-installing the program.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    isracesisraces Posts: 92member
    Sorry to revive this, but does re-installing Word actually fix this problem? I'm having the same problem and so are some other people over at Macnn. I would just do it myself and see, but I have a goofy set-up with Word as it is and I just got it working right, so I'd hate to have to set it all up again just to have the same problem at the end.

Thanks for any help!!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Does Word create a .plist?

If it does, I would go looking for that first.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Yeah, I thrashed it too with no luck.

Here's the weird thing though, I have mirror of my system on a firewire drive that gets updated every few weeks. I have not updated it since I ran the installer disc that came with my new Epson. When I run Word from it, everything works fine and it even sees the Epson in addition to my other printer. When I copy it over to the active system drive, I have the "no printer" problem everytime. What am I missing?

Any ideas?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Try this: Remove ~Library/Preferences/EPSONC84.ini

I also took out the Microsoft fonts Arial, Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Monotype Sorts, Times New Roman, Verdana, and Wingdings from ~Library/Fonts . For some reason, they were very old and the system updated itself with new versions of them. I have no idea if the fonts were related to the printing problem, but they're out and printing works in Word so... Of course, YYMV.

Post a reply if this fix works for you.