So... to get iPhoto I have to get iLife?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Wait a sec. I don't have a DVD player. So GarageBand and iDVD are out. I don't have a digital camcorder, so iMovie is out.

I do have a digital camera and an iPod. But iTunes 4.2 is already out. So the only thing I am missing is iPhoto, and I HAVE to pay the full price and get all the apps?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I'm thinking so. Seems to be the case. But, need it or not, that's a wonderful set of software for that price. And who knows...you MIGHT end up owning a digital camcorder and DVD player at some point, right?

And, out of the box, you'll be able to play with and experiment with GarageBand, just for fun.

$49 is a steal, IMO. I'd pay 4x that to own all 5 of these apps (two of which - iMovie and iDVD - I, too, don't really mess with).

But I'm sure I will as time goes on! I'll be glad I have them.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    You won't fully know until Jan 16th. That's the date the iLife 4 ships and it's possible that Apple still has an update to make.

My potential theory is iLife 4 has iPhoto 4. What happened to iPhoto3?

Apple would do great to have iPhoto3 as a free download. This update could could ad Rendezvous sharing and speed but no other features.

All would rejoice
  • Reply 3 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    until we hear otherwise, yeah, that seems to be the deal (see the digital hub thread "imovie and iphoto are no longer free"). i stated my opinion on it, but if there IS an iphoto 3 that is free download and just sports the speed improvements, then all would be forgiven... well, mostly.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    That won't happen.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vistago

Wait a sec. I don't have a DVD player. So GarageBand and iDVD are out.

Why is GarageBand out if you don't have a DVD player??
  • Reply 6 of 7
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    They come on DVD.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    iPhoto in all likelihood will only be available as part of the $49 iLife package. If the other 3 non-download iApps don't interest you (iMovie, iDVD, Garage Band), then consider the $49 the cost of iPhoto. Then consider that Photoshop Album is also $49, iView Media is $30, and Lightbox is $25. That is, if you want to upgrade (and with iPhoto, I imagine you would ).