Jobs sent Gate $200 iTMS gift and other musings...

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

"A REAL WARMTH."_ And what about Jobs's own feelings for Gates? They've mellowed as well. He talked to the Microsoft honcho last summer, he says, but they're both too busy with kids to stay in touch more often. When Apple (AAPL ) unveiled a version of its iTunes music player to work with Windows last fall, Jobs sent Gates a $200 gift certificate to try it out

The rest of the article is great. How Gates is one of the few people that Steve can talk to because both of them have spent more time in the computer industry then out of it. There is no animosity between them it would seem. Hell they are both billionaires, so why fight? Great read, check it out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Good read. I wish someone would send me a $200 eye toons gift certificate
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

Good read. I wish someone would send me a $200 eye toons gift certificate

indeed. steve, i don't get the iTMS either. could you send me a gift certificate so i can "try it out"?

• Reply 3 of 6
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Lol I'm sure that'll be very well spent..$200..in iTMS prices, that's a LOT of money to burn!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Yeah that is quite a few songs.

I love how jobs still slams MS at every chance he gets though.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Hmm... so it's like a crack deal then. Steve sends out a nice "sample" to get you hooked. <Duh> Looks like we all know who bought $29500 worth of songs at iTMS.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Hmm... so it's like a crack deal then. Steve sends out a nice "sample" to get you hooked. <Duh> Looks like we all know who bought $29500 worth of songs at iTMS.

If you listened carefully during the keynote, the number one buyer wasn't bill gates. He probably didn't know how to use such an easy to use system anyway (probably why he didn't use his gift certificate). Cuz with him, if it's not complex and doesn't crash during d/l's it's not right. Either that or he was trying to figure out how to put MSN on iTunes in order to create the MSN music store. hehe.