clear cube enclosure...

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
kinda pricey (available from powerlogix.com), but i thought it looked pretty cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    I say, leave the clear acrylic case mods to the PC crowd. Part of buying a Mac is getting a computer that's much to beautiful to moderate. That goes especially for the lavishing Cube.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Looks cool. I really like some of the iBook mods people are doing by removing the white paint. As to modding macs as a whole, the G5 screams "Throw some pulsing lights in me!" (ala the MacAddict How-to). Our macs are expressions of who we are. Mac users tend to be more unique and creative than the rest (aka P.C. users), so why shouldn't our computers be an extension of that? Because we are Mac users, we will take credit for tasteful modding, but not some of the horrible P.O.S. that the P.C. weenies prefer. Anyone ever see the guy who made his old LC II into a Marathon terminal? Cool stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    probably for the same reason that although i might be inclined to throw a spoiler and rims on some POS car, i wouldn't touch a jaguar.

some of them need it more than others. my G5 looks damn fine just the way it is.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    The only mod to that cube is the top...they just removed the metal case that covered the guts of the computer and put the guts back in...no paint had to be removed. I agree with alcimedes, Macs are too beautiful to modify, they just don't need it. Let the PC users have their fun, a case mod will be the only way their computer will ever be cool.