Downloadable AI "bookmarks"

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Do you think someone could make a bookmark folder that had all of AI's major pages (main page, front page, UCP, each forum, search, Who's online, etc) with the appropriate labels and put them up to download maybe as a link in the FAQ or one of the links in the top toolbar itself?

It wouldn't be that hard to do and would make it a whole lot easier for new members to get acquainted with ALL AI has to offer (especially with vB!)...

what do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    i really don't get it. if someone wants a folder of AI bookmarks, it takes two minutes to make one for themselves?

and really what's the point?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I'm lazy

I have a folder but...

they change (the address and names)

I'm lazy

Would be easier for new users to get around and encourage them to explore more of the site.

I'm lazy...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has an "AI" bookmark folder

I'm really really lazy
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I have ONE bookmark that takes me to the forums main page. From there, after I'm done with a forum, I use the drop-down to go onto the next. Pretty simple, and only needs one bookmark.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Yeah, seems to me like an unneeded inconvenience. Just bookmark the main forums and your set. If new users want to explore the site, they can look around for themselves, it's not too hard to find things here. If they don't want to put in the effort (even though it's not all that hard), they don't have to be a part of the community.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    now if you were talking about a communal bookmarks list from AI members by forum...

moderated and edited for pr0n, etc

imagine AI's selected best: mandolux desktops, murbot drive repair tips, shetline java skyviews...

that would be cool
  • Reply 6 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    thats not a bad idea...

a list of rumor sites for FH

Hardware Vendors for CH

Elgato-type companies for DH

cool software sites and MU for SW

O'rielly (SP?) for OSX

MacNN, MacMinute for GD

news.google, cnn, www.suburbanwhiteboy.com for AO

www.macfixit.com, apple.com/support for GB

ummm AI for Suggestions? heh... actually... THIS is where MY bookmarks would go (the forums, other areas of AI like whos online and the members page...)

and of course the moderator forum would have bookmarks to Jonathan's pic on www.hotornot.com