domain add-on's?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
is it wise to do this or should i just get seperate accounts for my domains? does it affect load times?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Uh. can you give an example? Are you talking about something like: jack.bob.com, jill.bob.com, hill.bob.com? Or having multiple domains point to different links on a server? I don't see how load times would be effected, DNS would be the same speed for whatever address you use. I really don't get the question, but it is late so forgive me if I missed something obvious.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Uh. can you give an example? Are you talking about something like: jack.bob.com, jill.bob.com, hill.bob.com? Or having multiple domains point to different links on a server? I don't see how load times would be effected, DNS would be the same speed for whatever address you use. I really don't get the question, but it is late so forgive me if I missed something obvious.

no those are subdomains. it's hosting several domains on one account

mydomain.com and mydomain2.com

the host sets it up like mydomain.com/domain2 but domain2 has to have it's own domain tha tis registered

i'm probalby not that good at explaining it
  • Reply 3 of 9
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Oh ok. Well it does look unprofessional in my opinion. I say, if the money is there then go for it. Or see if you can have a virtual server set up on your current server (if you own the machine).
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Oh ok. Well it does look unprofessional in my opinion. I say, if the money is there then go for it. Or see if you can have a virtual server set up on your current server (if you own the machine).

domain2 is just how it's set up on the ftp site. you would access domain2 at domain2.com
  • Reply 5 of 9
    i can't believe no one here has experience with these!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Alex - "Oooo. I'm sorry that must be phrased in the form of a question."
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Alex - "Oooo. I'm sorry that must be phrased in the form of a question."

smart azz

do you have experience with them?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Yes. But none of us have any idea which 'them' you're talking about.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Yes. But none of us have any idea which 'them' you're talking about.

add-on domains