Network Print Server Issue with Canon Printer

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Could anyone help me out here. This is the situation. I have a wireless router, from linksys a wireless G one. I have a G4, G5 and a PC running XP Pro. Along with these systems I have 2 printers. One is an HP 3330 which is a MFC and I have a canon i950. I wanted to make my printers work accross the network so that all the computers could access them anytime. I went ahead and bought 2 Linksys Wireless ready print servers. Currently I don't have them set up to run Wireless because of the problem I am going to describe so they are currently connected via the ethernet cable. I was able to set up the HP 3330 no problem on botht he Mac's and the PC. When I went to set up the canon i950, I was able to set it up on the PC no prob, but when it came to wither mac's it was a no go. I am running 10.3.2 on both machines. I have no problem using the printer through the USB port on the macs but when it goes through the print server, the OS (10.3.2) does not have a driver for me to pick in the printing setup. The reason I bought this printer was because I saw it on apples site saying that it works with the USB airport, so I assume that this printer would work also with the system I have.

Could anyone help me out here or at least tell me how to find the driver to add it to the library where the canon drivers are located

thanks

Dave