16*9 support?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Do either of the iLife 2004 updates now support anamorphic source material? Until now Apple has ignored European users with 16*9 TV's and video cameras.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Do either of the iLife 2004 updates now support anamorphic source material? Until now Apple has ignored European users with 16*9 TV's and video cameras.

European? They've ignored American users with 16:9 TVs too. I don't believe the new iDVD or iMovie explicably have anamorphic support. I've been shooting in widescreen aspect on my camcorder, using iMovie to edit and DVD Studio Pro to stretch the video for now.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    I have thought about buying DVDstudio Pro but it seems overkill just to circumvent the 16*9 problem. What is really annoying is that it"Sizzle" can do it with justa check box. The problem is that Sizzle just doesn't produce quite so professional looking DVD's

I just don't understand why Apple is ignoring this huge short comming in there software. It must be a really simple thing to fix, but they have just ignored it.