Pismo laptop and PowerLogix upgrade...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey people, does anyone here have a Pismo with the PowerLogix Bluechip G3 900MHz upgrade? How does it handle Panther? I realize you don't get the benefit of Quartz Extreme with the 8MB video card. I can live with that if overall system response is good.

My Pismo is the 400MHz model. It's in cherry condition and I like the form factor and "feel" of it more than the new generation PB's. However, you can imagine that it runs Panther like a slug, at least it feels that way to me.

I don't need a game capable/Photoshop laptop as I have a killer home built gaming PC rig and a Dualie G5 for my important work.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I had a pismo with the PL upgrade, and had installed Panther before I sold it. It was great. The upgrade gave the machine a new lease on life. You won't notice that you aren't using Quartz Extreme (by the feel of it). The people at Powerlogix were very nice too. All in all it was a good experience.

I would urge you to go to xlr8yourmac to check out what other people have to say. Lots of good, some bad...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Toadie, you da bomb.