epilepsy alert!!

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
MAN that flashing ad dropped me to the floor and made me go into convulsions!!!! unnnnhhhhhh.....help, I've been zapped!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    look around in the suggestions forum for the hosts.ini file solution to this problem.

once you do it you'll never go back.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Or get Safari and PithHelmet.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I WON!:

Please Claim your FREE Gift Below "[email protected]"!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Yea...I was in the dark when I visited the forums and I had to turn a light on to keep myself from going blind.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Incredible. We can ban telemarketing calls, put the kibbosh on spam. We can put out forest fires as large as an entire state, we can send a little remote control car to Mars. We can enact the Amber alert and ID Laci Peterson's body from bones and DNA.

But we can't all work today to outlaw the horrendous, retina-scorching SHIT taking place currently at the top of this page?

I ask, in all sincerity, WTF?

That is so motherfücking obnoxious and idiotic. Who here, among this savvier-than-most community, would ever click on that? Ever?

Do I really, really think I won a DVD player? Oh really? Fück you, ad. And the asshole who designed you.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    ... it is doing what it should... it is getting our attention

AND ****ING PISSING ME THE **** OFG

G

GAH

I CANNON TAKE IT

JUST LOOKA TIT

IT IS BURNIUGNT THE EYeS!@ GA!H

• Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Incredible. We can ban telemarketing calls, put the kibbosh on spam. We can put out forest fires as large as an entire state, we can send a little remote control car to Mars. We can enact the Amber alert and ID Laci Peterson's body from bones and DNA.

But we can't all work today to outlaw the horrendous, retina-scorching SHIT taking place currently at the top of this page?

I ask, in all sincerity, WTF?

That is so motherfücking obnoxious and idiotic. Who here, among this savvier-than-most community, would ever click on that? Ever?

Do I really, really think I won a DVD player? Oh really? Fück you, ad. And the asshole who designed you.

This was good. This post gets my vote for the post of the year for 04, it's just that good. I'm gonna start a thread about it in AO and see how long it can hang around.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    in theory someone is on this.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    It's gone for now until we can work out the issue with the ad server.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My Safari wasn't blocking it.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

My Safari wasn't blocking it.

Using PithHelmet? Mine works.

There are several servers to block. Look at the code to get some ideas.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

It's gone for now until we can work out the issue with the ad server.

thank you...though i kinda like rolling spastically on the floor, vaguely hearing what sounds like my wife's voice far off in the distance, "put a pen or something between his teeth or he will swallow his tongue..."

g